First of all, let me apologize for the delay in posting! I tried to update with some pictures the morning we left, but our Internet was down. We spent most of the morning today getting it back up and running so....here we go!
We left two Fridays ago to fly to Indiana. Eric's mom was having a birthday and a trip was planned to go to California with her husband and her kids to celebrate. After much deliberation and trying to decide what was best, we all came to the conclusion that it made the most sense to NOT take our babies with us. So, we sadly left Isaiah with my parents and sister for FIVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG days! I sobbed and sobbed as they drove off into the sunset. That first day was just awful. This was the very first time I had ever been away from my baby. I had never even spent a single night away from him in his whole life! It did get easier as time went on, but at first it was just heart-wrenching! I mean, come on...look at that face! 
So, Saturday morning, off we went to California! We flew into San Francisco and spent less than 24 hours there but it was action-packed and fun-filled! Our first stop was a restaurant called, "Cliff House". It was a beautiful place with stunning views of the Pacific! After lunch, we went to check in at our hotel and get ready for our awesome night! We went to Teatro Zinzanni...look it up online and if you're ever in San Fran, it's a MUST SEE!!!! I won't go into major detail about it but I will say that my dear husband, who HATES being in front of large audiences, got chosen out of the crowd to assist in a little number! He had to DANCE ON A RAISED PLATFORM!!!!!!!! And, to add to the drama, the dancing involved pelvic thrusts!!!! He handled himself very well and survived the trauma! I have never heard Eric's brother laugh as hard as I did that night! This is not a very good picture but here we are all dressed up for the night! 
Sunday morning, we left San Francisco after driving around a while and seeing the sights! We drove past Fisherman's Wharf, several In N Out Burger joints (and to my chagrin never stopped!), and we drove down Lombard Street (the most crooked street EVER!) Here's a view from the bottom looking up...
We also spent quite a bit of time driving across and admiring the Golden Gate Bridge! It is a massive and beautiful structure!!!
We arrived in Napa Valley on Sunday afternoon. We made our lunch reservations at Don Giovanni's (which just so happened to be everyone's favorite meal of the week!) And the setting only helped. The restaurant is right in between two vineyards with the mountains in the background! It was stunning! 
After lunch, we stopped by one winery before heading on to our resort. We checked in a got ready for dinner, which was awesome! The restaurant we ate at that night was on top of a mountain looking down into the Valley! And then Monday began our Winery/Vineyard fest! We toured many neat little Winery's and window-shopped through a very cute, quaint little town. We had a wonderful time together but missed our boy tremendously!
We had the happiest reunion with him on Thursday morning! Eric and I both went in to get him out of bed and with a huge smile on his face he looked at us like, "hey, I know you two! Where have you been?" It was so awesome to hold him in our arms again and smell his sweet little head!





0 comments:
Post a Comment