Week 24
Baby's Length: 13 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.25 lbs.
Baby's Size: Carrot
Baby's Length: 13 in.
Baby's Weight: 1.25 lbs.
Baby's Size: Carrot
Eric and I went in yesterday for our routine 24 week appointment. Our appointment was scheduled for 10:30 and it turned into a very long day! During the appointment, the doctor measured my belly and I was 24 cm, which she said was perfect, "24 cm at 24 weeks"! I had gained another pound also this past month. Typical weight gain at this point is around a pound a week. She wasn't concerned at all that it had only been one pound in one month. She said it's good that I'm gaining! She also used the Doppler to check the baby's heartbeat. She said he was moving around a lot and it was a bit hard to get an accurate heart rate so she sent me in for a non-stress test. We went over to the hospital for that (mainly because we wanted to see the new facility and all the machines were being used at her office). When they hooked me up to the machine, they noticed that I was contracting, which at 24 weeks is not very good! SO, they gave me a shot to stop the contractions and after a urine test, they determined I had an infection. So, they continued to monitor me for the rest of the afternoon. The doctor came in a little after five and reviewed all the testing. She said she thought the contracting was due to the infection and the heart rate looked really good. She said we had a very happy baby which is hard to tell at 24 weeks but our little boy is extremely happy! :) That was quite a relief to hear her say that! So, they sent me home with prescriptions for infection and told me to take it easy! I'm going back in on Tuesday to get the non-stress test again to monitor the little guy! Hopefully it won't take as long that time! Other than feeling a little groggy from the medicine, I'm doing very well and feeling good! Thank you for your prayers for us and our little man!
Dear Jesus,
You have not promised that we will be free of disease or infection or suffering in this world. You have promised, however, that You will be with us, caring for us in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. We trust you for strength for our baby and for us! Thank you Lord for your protection upon us! We love you!



0 comments:
Post a Comment