Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A sick baby...

Last Wednesday morning, both Isaiah and I woke up feeling pretty under the weather. Isaiah's sickness started out as a cough and eventually he also got a runny nose. The cough got worse as the days went on and the nose just would not stop running. There were moments that I thought he was getting better but then he would just act really run down. He had been around another baby with a cold and we were pretty sure it was viral and just had to run its course. Well, on Sunday night, he coughed in his sleep for over two hours and that was the final straw. At that point, I knew it wasn't getting any better so I decided to take him in to see our awesome doctor. So, on Monday, Isaiah and I paid a visit to the wonderful Dr. Gollnick! She listened to his chest and said he has bronchiolitis. So, she sent in a nurse with a machine to do a breathing treatment. He was not a huge fan of that and it was a bit difficult for me to hold a squirming baby in my lap and an oxygen mask at the same time, but we made it! Dr. Gollnick came back in and listened to his chest again. She said the breathing treatment really opened up his lungs BUT...he also has pneumonia. Oh my goodness, my baby has pneumonia! I couldn't believe it! So, she put him on antibiotics and sent us home with a breathing machine. We have to do these treatments three times a day. The one right before bed is the one that goes the best. The one first thing in the morning is probably the most rough because he's hungry! Anyway, we are both feeling better and hope we never get this junk again! Because of his stuffy, runny nose, it has been a challenge for him to nurse but we're obviously doing an ok job because he did weigh in at 17 pounds! Must be the cereal and veggies, too!

Look at those little sick eyes!

Daddy is so sad about the breathing treatments


And here is a video of Isaiah in the exersaucer! He loves that thing! He had been talking up a storm before I turned on the camera and then of course he stopped! He is chewing on EVERYTHING!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

hey...i think this is the longest you have gone without a new posting. I hope you are all ok and that Isaiah is better. Miss you!