Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Picture Update

Yes! We are still alive! Our life has been non-stop ever since we moved back and I think I will constantly be learning how to manage life and time with multiple children :)

Our boys are fantastic and they continue to amaze me everyday. Isaiah is getting the cutest little personality and from things his grandmother tells me, it sounds like he is turning into his father! He is such a bright little guy and has the most tender heart. While it is sweet to think that he is a passionate child, it is frustrating at times because he seems to break over the simplest things. I often get frustrated because he cries so easily and I simply don't know how to foster that emotion. I want to be sensitive to it if he is truly hurting or sad but I don't want a whiny kid!

He is literally a sponge and picks up on the funniest things. The other day was a tough day with the boys. They were neither one feeling very well and they were both tired. I have never said this to Isaiah before but I had had enough and said, "Isaiah you are driving me crazy!" Later on that day I asked him to do something and he said, "Mommy, you're drivin' me crazy!" I wanted to laugh but I somehow held it together and let him know it was not nice to say that to mommy. I just have to be so careful about what I say!

It appears as though Isaiah is getting his momma's love for books. He is constantly asking us to read to him and loves all kinds of books! There are quite a few he can even read to us because he's heard them so many times!

He continues to be very much a thinker and an analyzer! He is constantly trying to figure things out. And it also looks like little brother may follow in those same footsteps!

Isaiah loves his brother and frequently loves on him unprompted and just when we think we're getting through to him about being kind and loving, he goes and takes a toy from Noah. We're still working on that sharing business!

Back when we had snow, Eric took Isaiah out to play in it several times. He didn't really care to ride in the sled, he would rather walk through the snow. He enjoyed exploring with this daddy but he absolutely hated getting snow in his face. One night after playing for a while, they came in and enjoyed some hot chocolate. Isaiah adored it and learned how to say, "aaahhhhh" after taking sips!
Isaiah also got to go to his first high school basketball game with his daddy! He had a blast and especially loved the snacks he got! These two adore each other!
The weather has been so nice and we've spent many hours outside! Isaiah loves to play with chalk, ride his tricycle, pick dandelions, throw rocks and run in the grass!
A few weeks ago, we got to go to the Children's Museum with the Sommer family, Isaiah and Noah's grandparents and Lilly and Myllah's grandparents! We all had a wonderful time!
The slide was a highlight for Isaiah....
and so were the kisses :)
Isaiah also got to go on an Easter Egg hunt with his buddy Caleb! It was a chilly day but they had a blast!
Isaiah also got to do some egg coloring over Easter weekend! It got a little messy, but he loved it!

And Noah. Our sweet little Noah. He is such a joy. He is literally so full of joy! He laughs and smiles all the time and makes us laugh all the time! It is hard for me to remember exactly what Isaiah was doing at this stage but I think maybe Noah is talking a little bit more than Isaiah did. Noah is saying quite a few words and seems to learn new ones every couple days! He is also a BIG climber! I have had to rearrange some furniture because he has no fear and just climbs, climbs, climbs! The stairs are his favorite! I often am not able to find him and sure enough, he's all the way upstairs! He is a great eater and pretty much eats everything we do these days. He is really trying to wean himself from his daytime bottles. He would much rather eat than drink :)

Noah loved this little car at his Nonni's house! He was so content to just sit and be pushed around! He thought it was especially cool to play with the steering wheel! :) And he looked so darn cute in there!
Noah is getting really strong and really brave when it comes to standing! He is getting very good at doing it on his own without holding on and has taken a couple steps but would still much rather prefer to crawl! He's so fast at it, I don't blame him :)
The first couple times he stood on his own, he just acted so excited and proud of himself! I am especially fond of this picture because this is the same outfit his big brother was wearing when he took his first steps :)
It is really hard for me to believe that my Noah will be one year old in just five short days. Time with your first child goes by so quickly and then a second one comes along and time seems to speed up even faster. I can't imagine what it will be like when we are on child number 15. (just kidding!) However, if there was a guarantee that all of our children would be as happy and as well-adjusted as these two, I might consider it!

No, don't think so...

The boys enjoyed some delicious blueberry pancakes this morning and they were so cute!
Do you think Noah is ready for a haircut yet? Check out that hair falling on top of his ears! :) Ash, bring your scissors when you come!

I promise, promise, promise I will try harder to keep up with this blog! I really do want to preserve these memories we are making! Our boys are the most precious gifts from God and I thank Him everyday for entrusting them to us.

2 comments:

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

YAY! so glad for an update. Even though we talk/text on the phone i still don't get to see their cute faces! See you soon!!!...and i'll bring my scissors because yes, he needs a haircut :)

The Mobleys said...

Your boys are so handsome! Love the pictures and stories:)