Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

On December 23rd, we welcomed our precious third boy to our family! Levi Christopher Heuer was 7 pounds, 20 1/4 inches long born at 12:32 p.m. It was a terribly L.O.N.G. and miserable labor A.L.L. night before he arrived the next afternoon but that all disappeared once he was in my arms!
Of course, with being our third, we were immediately analyzing how he looked and WHO he looked like. He actually has his very own look and doesn't really look like either one of the other boys. He has a TON more hair than the other two and probably favors my family more than Eric's.

Eric and I were both exhausted after not getting a single wink of sleep all night but we were (and still are!) so deliriously happy!
We could not wait to have our other boys meet their new brother! They absolutely loved him and even now a month later, it hasn't really worn off that there is a new baby in the family! They still smother him with kisses and want to love on him all the time!
Since he was born so close to Christmas, and because Levi and I both passed our tests with flying colors, we were released to go home early so we could spend Christmas morning with our family!
Levi is now a month old and we are still settling into a routine but things are going pretty well. It's amazing how little I get done during my days. My older two boys are really needy of my attention so I'm spending a ton of time with them when I'm not feeding, burping, sleep training and sleeping myself! I am also really trying to make sure I nap when the boys nap. So far I have been able to coordinate nap times so that I can rest for a bit while they nap! I am really trying to soak up this precious newborn but I am also looking forward to when I'm getting a little more sleep at night :)

0 comments: