Friday, June 29, 2007

ONLY 6 WEEKS LEFT!!!!

Oh my goodness we cannot believe we only have six weeks left until our due date! This means we could potentially have a baby at any time now! WOW! Or it could be another 8 weeks, but let's not even go there!


Week 34 -

Besides looking like a newborn, your baby is acting like a newborn as well. His eyes open when he’s awake and close when he is sleeping. His sleeping cycles are the same now as they will be when he is born (and he's quite a mover so we're hoping and praying for a good sleeper!). He has learned to blink and can see better when a bright light is shined on your stomach. He recognizes voice and sound patterns from the outside world and is most comforted by the sound of your voice.
He weighs about 4 ¾ pounds now and is about 18 inches long. His fingernails have reached the end of his fingertips and he may even scratch his face before he is born. His fat layers are growing every week to fill up that wrinkly skin and he may have already turned into the head down position for labor.

Your baby’s central nervous system is still maturing, and his lungs are almost fully ready to breathe air. If your baby is born this week, he has a 99% chance of survival outside of the womb, pretty darn good odds!


One thing that is really evident to me is that this little boy is definitely growing. There are times he will make a movement or a kick that really shocks me and gives me quite a jolt! The movements are getting stronger by the day! And another thing he's got goin' on is the hiccups! I have felt them for quite some time now but they are also getting much stronger. I can tell he is head down because when he does get the hiccups I feel them low. I'm still having to take lots of deep breaths because he's cramping my lungs but that's ok...we only have six weeks left AND hopefully he'll drop soon and that will help! Eric and I have our next appt. on Tuesday so we'll be sure to update then! I'm going to leave with a cute comic strip. I have noticed overall in pregnancy how nice and friendly strangers are! I hope this isn't what they are thinking!

0 comments: