Thursday, July 5, 2007

Appointment/35 weeks

Things are just moving right along. We can hardly get past the fact that in 5 weeks or less we will have a little boy of our own to bring home! I've actually gone to the doctor twice this week. At the beginning of the week, I thought I had a bladder infection but today the results came back and come to find out, I don't have one. Everything looked great at my appointment today. My tummy is measuring right on track! My weight looks good as well as my blood pressure. And baby's heart rate was a perfect 140! I can tell more and more each day that he is continuing to grow. My tummy feels very tight and I feel like he's taking up as much space as possible. He's pressing on my lungs AND my bladder! I definitely have to go potty a lot more these days! :)

Eric and I are working hard to get the nursery put together. Since we are in a "temporary" apartment I don't think we will "go all out" like we would if we were in a house but it's still going to look very cute! I'm anxious to get it all in order!

Your baby has spent the last two weeks growing in preparation for birth. He responds very strongly to pain, light and sound. The volume of amniotic fluid shrinks as he fills almost all the space in your womb. The placenta has reached maturity, has stopped growing, and now begins to age. At birth it will weigh about one sixth of your baby's weight. Your baby's intestine fills with a dark green, sticky substance called meconium (made of dead cells and waste from the liver and bowel). His lungs are fully formed but still need to mature. Your baby's skin is becoming less transparent and more pink rather than red. Toes and fingernails are now fully grown. He produces cortisol to help the lungs develop in preparation for birth. A boy's testicles will drop into the scrotum. Your baby will be gaining 1oz a day now.

0 comments: