This past Sunday, Eric and I were sitting on the couch getting ready to get Isaiah up from his nap when we heard sirens. We could definitely tell the sirens were close. So close, in fact, that they sounded like they were on our street. Well, we looked outside and couldn't believe our eyes. The house directly across the street was ON FIRE! It was CRAZY!!!

Eric immediately went outside to talk to the sheriff to ask if we needed to evacuate. We are going through quite a drought down here and fires spread very quickly so we didn't know if we needed to get somewhere more safe. He told Eric to prepare to get out of there but he wasn't ready to make that call yet. While Eric was outside, I swooped Isaiah up and we watched all the action from his bedroom window. I immediately started to pray for the people who live in the house. We don't know them well at all, but we did know that an elderly woman lived there with her grown son. The woman is always home and for the most part, the son doesn't leave much. I became emotional because I just couldn't imagine having a house fire and the loss that is associated with that. I also recently watched "Fireproof" so I think the sight of seeing those firemen made it more real too.

Here are my two favorites watching all the action outside. The smoke and fire really attracted a large crowd and since we are right across the street, they were gathering in OUR front yard! Isaiah LOVED watching all the people and trucks and firemen!

We did find out that the elderly woman was not in the house (God thing!) because she typically naps at that time of day. She happened to be at the hospital because she was experiencing some dehydration. The son wasn't home either so the house was empty. The back of the house looks SO much worse than the front but even the front looks bad. Unfortunately the house will have to be torn down as it cannot be saved.
On another note, here is my 35 week belly - definitely growing!

We went in for another check-up yesterday and there were no changes. Baby's heartbeat sounded good and strong and blood pressure was great. We go in next week for a growth ultrasound to see how this baby's growing! I kind of have a feeling he has some long legs. I can tell how he is lying (head down - woo hoo!) and I get ALL kinds of leg action! He is quite the kicker! I have now started getting up a minimum of three times a night to go to the bathroom, which I do no like one bit! I am still recovering from an infection but it's definitely getting better!
We are knee-deep in March Madness at this house and I am missing my husband! :) He sure loves college basketball and I love that about him but at this time every year, our television pretty much stays put on ESPN and CBS!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
xoxo
2 comments:
You look beautiful Jen! I am glad that everyone is ok from the fire... Glad you didn't have to leave
WOW! You had some action last week. I cant imagine watching the house burn. How aweful. Have you guys decided on a name for Baby Boy #2? I noticed you arent announcing this time :). Secrets are fun...I would know. Ha!
Post a Comment