Eric and I got to see our little boy yesterday and it was wonderful! The doctor wanted to do a growth check to make sure everything was looking good and it was! He looked extremely healthy and he put on quite the show for the ultrasound tech. He was (AS ALWAYS!) so very active and she had a hard time getting a few of the shots she needed. The doctor averaged that our little guy is weighing about 5 pounds, 4 ounces; said my fluids look great; and the placenta is not calcified yet so those are all great things! I'm sorry the pictures are small but this is the best I could do. (you might be able to see them better if you click on them!) I will try to describe them as best I can so you can make out what you are seeing! The top picture is his little profile. From right to left in that picture is his forehead, nose, top lip, tongue, bottom lip and chin. In the second picture, same thing except tongue is not out. In the bottom picture, this is the best she could do with a "full-frontal" because his head is down so low. There is a black space on the far right and then you can see his nose, nostrils, lips and chin. Once again, it appears as though this little boy will have full lips like his big brother (SO KISSABLE!) and as best we can tell from these grainy pictures, it looks like they might resemble each other!

I have been having quite a few contractions lately and the doc said that is my body's way of keeping him head down so for that I am very thankful. They often get to the point where I have to stop what I am doing and take deep breaths because they are quite overwhelming. I just hope and pray I don't have to go FOUR more weeks, but of course, we just want him healthy!
Here is the 36 week belly. Even though I am measuring right on track, I am feeling pretty large! I just stick out so much! I am getting more and more uncomfortable as the minutes tick past! (YES, MINUTES!) My night time sleep is really not going well right now. The baby is lying directly on top of my bladder so I literally get up a handful of times each night. Even though my sleep will be extremely interrupted once he arrives, I am looking forward to NOT having to go to the bathroom each time! :) We are getting so very anxious to meet this precious miracle!
There are FIVE women pregnant and due before the middle of July in our church. The craziest part of this whole scenario is that we are ALLLLLLLLLLLL having BOYS! I was talking with one of these girls the other day about the abundance of boys and she shared a conversation with me that she had had with a friend of hers (who is ALSO having a boy)! Her friend pointed out that with the uneasiness and discord going on in our world, she believed that God was blessing God-fearing, Christian families with boys to raise to grow up and be Godly leaders for the next generation. WOW! What a thought and what a responsibility we have as parents to boys! God give us wisdom as we raise these boys you have placed in our care!
Here are the five women in order of due dates -


6 comments:
Jen...look at that 36 week belly!! Are you able to walk? You look beautiful and we can't wait to meet the little man! Hope you are feeling well!
so cute! You look so beautiful! We can't wait to meet the little bean in june!!!!
The thing about you "sticking out so far" or whatever you said exactly is that it's because you're SOOOOO tiny everywhere else!!!!! You are beautiful!!!!! All belly, you hot mama! :) I know what you mean...yes, yes, you will be up all night when he's here, but you have to go through those weeks now or later, so they might as well be now! Let's get on with it already! :) :) :) Much love and prayers to you for what I know will be a beautiful, healthy, strong, amazing little miracle!!! XOXO
You looks so great Jen. I think you forget how hard it is to sleep the last month...because once you finally get comfortable you have to pee and start all over! Praying he'll be healthy...I guess I just got lucky and both girls came right at 37 weeks...although they were almost 8 lbs by that point and probably knew if they wanted out naturally they had to do it then. Lots of Love.
As always Jen you look fabulous!!! Isaiah is adorable in that picture with his blocks!!!!
Hey Frash! I'm so excited for the arrival of baby boy 2!!! He will be as handsome and full of energy (it sounds like!) as Isaiah. And hopefully at helpful at organizing your closet :) I miss you and STILL look towards the day we can collide into each other's lives..... take care of yourself and you look amazing! xoxo, Meesh and Michael. (41 days until our big debut as husband and wife! Bring on the babies!! Ok, maybe we'll wait a few years :) )
Post a Comment