Last Thursday, April 16th, we had our 38 week appointment. I had some pretty intense contractions the night before so I was guessing I had made some progress but I had NO idea how much progress had been made! I just didn't know what to expect! Dr. C measured my tummy first and I measured a week ahead. Then came the other check. FIVE CENTIMETERS! I could not believe it. In the same breath he said, "you are 5 cm. and you are going to the hospital tonight." Eric and I were both shocked! He called the hospital right there in our room and saved a spot for us. He told us to get our things, grab a bite to eat and meet him at the hospital at 5 o'clock. So, we got on the phone and called our parents and made arrangements for Isaiah. All the while, we are completely shocked that I was walking around at 5 centimeters.
We arrived at the hospital around 5-5:30 and got all checked in. We filled out our paperwork and got all our information in the system. One of the worst parts of the evening came next...my IV. I apparently have very "valve-y" and very "roll-y" veins. They blew THREE of my veins before they called in the nurse anesthetist to numb me and finally on the fourth try, we got the IV in place! The doctor came in at 7:30 to break my water and I was still at 5 cm. I got the epidural at 8 p.m. and at the next check I was 8 cm. The epidural was a great thing on the right side of my body but for some reason, it never did work on my left side. For the rest of the process, I felt everything on my left side but had no feeling on my right. Once I was 8 cm, I could feel extremely intense contractions and pressure on my left side. It was very painful every 30 seconds when I would get those contractions! I was finally 10 cm. and ready to push at 9:50 but the Dr. had me hold off for about 15-20 minutes because he had 4 other women also in labor at the same time! I started pushing at 10:08 and our precious Noah entered this world at 10:13 p.m. I only had two sets of pushes! Praise the Lord for a quick and easy delivery!
Thank you, Jesus!
xoxo


6 comments:
How exciting! How wonderful! How weird about the epidural! How great about the delivery! How strange you were walking at 5 cm! I love the story. :) (BTW, my veins are the same way!!! My IV was also one of the worst parts & took a long time for the huge bruises to heal!) :) :) :) Wishing you so many blessings and so much love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO to you and those boys!!!!
Congratulations Heuer Family... Jenn What a great birth story! Noah is perfect and looks like Isaiah when he was little :)
I am praying for some good SLEEP time! :)
Congrats again!
I'm so glad everything went fast for you! He is so adorable! Ava never lost any weight in the hospital or at home :) I'm glad he is eating well! Congrats!
Congrats!! You are so blessed to have had such a great labor and delivery, minus the iv and feeling half:) A healthy Momma and baby is most important. It will be so fun to watch your boys relationship grow and change. They will be so close. I love to see my kids interact with each other!! He is precious!!
Heuers! He is just beautiful, we are so happy for you! What a blessing and great story of his arrival. I'm glad you're feeling good momma and I'm sure Isaiah is loving being a big brother! Noah just has the sweetest little face, and his own look. Love it! Keep us posted!
You are so blessed. What a great birth story! Such a cutie -- to add to your older cutie! Get some rest, girl!!!! Or ... try to!
Post a Comment