Big changes are taking place in the Heuer household!!! About a week and a half ago, we transitioned Isaiah into a "Big Boy Bed"! His crib is a converter crib so we were able to just take off the front railing and make it a day bed. He LOVES it and has done an awesome job! The first three nights I woke up to check on him around 5 am and he had rolled out of bed and was on the other side of the room. I put him back in bed and he slept until his normal wake time. We then changed which end of the bed he faced so we could see him better in the monitor and we haven't had a problem since! He has even stayed in bed once awake until we come get him! We are so proud of him!

Here is he sleeping like an angel! (And yes, he does have on Christmas jammies! I was a bit behind on the laundry, ok...)

This past Thursday, we started (duh, duh, duuuuuhhhh.....) potty training! Whew....
I am exhausted! We said goodbye to diapers and hello to big boy underwear! I fully expected going into this that it would be work but my goodness, I didn't think it would be this draining. We have seen a strong-willed streak in Isaiah for a while but NOTHING like we've seen the past four days. We have talked pretty much nothing but potty since Thursday and I think he is just so sick of it! Each day has gotten better with fewer accidents so that is a plus! I'm just asking you all to join us in prayer as we continue on with this potty journey! :) If we aren't being lifted up in prayer, I might just (literally) go insane. You think I'm joking? Well, I'm not!

I just love those little sweet cheeks! How can you get frustrated with that?????
We did have a completely dry night last night so that was great! Every little encouraging thing helps! And speaking of help, if anyone has any words of wisdom for us, we'll gladly listen! We started out trying one method and have since implemented different ideas! Keep in mind, we have a strong-willed child who doesn't seem to mind having wet underwear :) What has worked for you????

One thing I have loved about this process is seeing Isaiah run around in nothing but a t-shirt and undies! Too cute! And if you haven't potty trained anyone yet and don't really have any bits of advice but want to encourage us, we'll listen to that as well!
And here are some cute additions to this post....
A little brotherly love

This little guy is one aspect of potty training that makes it that much harder! Having to keep my eye on TWO instead of one has been challenging (thankfully I have had good help!)
Sometimes it gets exhausting entertaining a baby so you just have to hire some help!

Sometimes it's exciting to see new faces

Sometimes it's funny

Sometimes the help is weird

And one last pic...Isaiah has LOVED helping with Noah's baths recently! He loves to wash Noah's tummy and then rinse him off! They already clearly love each other to pieces and it is so fun to watch them interact! Isaiah will talk to Noah and Noah gives so many smiles, giggles and coos in return! Thank you, Lord, for these two unbelievably precious boys you have blessed us with!

5 comments:
hey we are struggling with potty training too....did you do away with diapers completely? ok, so we were told to put cheerios in the potty and he will want to go pee on them....he does! he also gets a 'pee potty prize" if he goes pee on the potty....especially if the "unnies" are dry when he goes. best of luck!
Not sure what all you've tried, but m&m worked for Bella when she was dry, but my aunt had a great idea (after we had started) but putting pennies in a jar for when they are dry or stickers - it's really whatever the child gets excited about. The book I read rewarded the kids for being dry and making a big deal about them being dry and when there's an accident you just explain the potty again but I think kids really hang onto what we make a big deal of (like if I go on and on about something and why we don't do this or that then bella keeps doing what I don't want her to because she's getting a lot of attention for the bad behavior). Good luck...it's worth it but it's exhausting getting to that point - bella actually had her first accident after a year of potty training so I think it just takes forever. Well that was a novel love you guys :).
Yes, we have done away with diapers completely! We said goodbye to those first thing! We may have to try the cheerios thing but once he sits on the potty he usually goes. Our problem is getting him to tell us when he needs to go then stop what he is doing to go sit down!
OH Jen...you are my inspiration, girl!! Isaiah sounds EXACTLY like Camden. Everytime I say it's time to go potty...we have this monsterous fit!! He absolutely doesn't want to stop playing. He could care less if he's wet, poopy, whatever. It's so frustrating that I just quit! :) Can I just send him to FL and have you do it? Hahaha! Let me know what ends up working for you....
oh....sorry...the anonymous one from earlier was from me...stacey!
Post a Comment