Yesterday was my birthday and it was a wonderful day! First of all, I just have to say that Isaiah must have known something special was going on because he slept so well for his momma the nights of the 13th, 14th, AND 15th!!! Hopefully that is the start of something REALLY good!
I got to spend the whole day with this precious little face!!!
And then last night, my precious husband arranged to have his sister Erin come over and watch Isaiah so he could take me out for a very nice dinner! We are so thankful for Erin and her willingness to stay with our little angel! Sorry about the dirty diaper and all the gas, Aunt Erin!
I have always been one that loved to give and receive gifts, so birthdays have always been fun for me! Well, no material gift could ever match the gift I received this year! Isaiah is a blessing that cannot possibly be described with words. Over dinner last night, Eric and I talked about how much we love Isaiah and how blessed we feel to have him in our lives. We both are overcome with emotion so often at this miracle that God has given us. As I write this, I have tears streaming down my face because of the overwhelming and powerful love I have for this little baby. I knew parenthood would be rewarding (and will continue to be so!) but I just did not anticipate how much my heart would melt when my baby would smile back at me. Or how I would feel like I might burst with excitement when I walk in the door after having been gone for a couple hours and I get to hold my sweet boy in my arms again. This love is just something you cannot fathom until you experience it and I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to love one of His creations so deeply! Whew...OK Jennifer, get control of yourself! :)In closing, I will include a picture of my two dreams come true! Thank you, Jesus, for these boys, whom I love so madly!
I also have to give a quick shout-out to MY momma, who is celebrating a birthay TODAY!!! Happy Birthday momma/mimi!!!! WE love you so much and cannot wait to celebrate with you this weekend!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:
O.K. my eyes are so filled with tears, I can hardly read this.
To have you born the day before my birthday was a phenominal gift and an amazing birthday that year. Then we had Jessica have the same birthday as my favorite grandpa, another major blessing. Now we have our Isaiah. I didn't think it could get any better. Birthdays at our house are such a holiday cause we stretch them out for days on end.
Love you so!!!
you guys are the cutest little family!!! Glad you had a great birthday:) love ya
Sweet girl - he is amazing. And so are you! What a blessing to hear about how he's growing and how motherhood has affected you. He is SOOOO Eric still!!!! I mean, seriously, Eric Junior. That nose is all Eric. I'm glad you had the best birthday..... kiss his little nose from Auntie Milea in Texas.
Post a Comment