Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Belly, Bows, New Words, and Pure Cuteness!

First things first, I mentioned in a previous blog that my wonderful friend Ashley has started her own business making bows for little girls! Ashley has a passion for this new adventure and we are so excited for her! If you have a little girl or know someone who does (pass on this web page!!!!!), please visit her blog page to check out her bows (and now tu-tu's)!! Simply Bow~licious Bow~tique. She had to make a slight name change due to some trademark issues. This is just an example of a bow that Ashley has for sale! She is so creative and truly enjoys making little girls look beautiful! We love you, Ash!!!!

Second, here I am with my 29 week belly. I know I am not "old" but I sure can tell a difference in a couple years when it comes to being pregnant. Even though I don't feel nauseous (PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I am so achy this time. I remember having pubic bone pain last time but my goodness, not this early and not this intense! If I don't sleep with a pillow between my legs, I am simply miserable the next morning. But, another praise is that I have found a wonderful Chiropractor down here who is helping my discomfort become bearable! Thank you, Jesus! I go back to the doctor next week for my 30 week (yes, that is correct....THIRTY WEEK!) check-up! This is just flying by!P.S. I love this shirt - it says, "Head over heels in love with baby"! How cute is that??? LOVE IT!

Isaiah has been doing SO, SO much changing and growing lately! He just says more words everyday and is repeating EVERYTHING! We are just SO unbelievably crazy about him! It seems like I always forget things to put on here so I've been keeping a list for a few days of new things he's doing so I could update you all!

First of all, we are so excited because he is finally saying things like, "up, please" or "down, please" or "help, please" and it is oh-so cute! For the longest time he had just been grunting or whining when he wanted something but it has finally clicked for him to say those things! Another thing we are so tickled about is that he is answering us with yes and no! When we ask him if he wants something, he'll answer us correctly (instead of again whining!). We were really, REALLY wanting to get past that whining. Now, don't get me wrong, we do not have a whine-free child but he is doing MUCH better! :)

Another thing that is amazing to us is how much he "gets" without having to say anything. When he hears an airplane or a bird outside, he immediately points outside up to the sky! He knows that's where those things are and he can hear them. He is very inquisitive (gets that one from momma!) and into all that goes on around him. When I am cooking in the kitchen, if a timer goes off, he says, "beep, beep"! And when he sees me open the oven door, he says, "HOT"! That one was really important to me that he learned quickly because we did NOT want any burns!

Isaiah is so affectionate with Derby and just loves to give him hugs and kisses! They are both so sweet with each other and we are so thankful for that!

Eric had just walked in the door and this is what Isaiah did! He ADORES his father!

Mr. Serious playing his piano!
It has really been chilly in Florida for the past couple weeks but this past weekend it started to warm back up! So, Isaiah and I have been taking advantage of the warmer weather and we've gotten outside for several walks! Yesterday, when I asked Isaiah if he wanted to go for a walk, he told me yes and then grabbed his hat! He kept it on the whole time we were gone and for a bit once we got back! How stinking cute is this picture!!!!!
Isaiah found mommy's shoes after our walk and played in them for a long time!
Loved his chocolate pudding! We were out of yogurt but I wanted to get some calcium in him so we tried pudding and let's just say, it went over well! :)
Sweet cheeks ready for a bath!
When we ask Isaiah if he has a poopy diaper, he says, "yes" and then often times will run away because he doesn't really care to get it changed - he's TOO busy doing other things! But sometimes he will go straight over to the diapers, grab one and lay down on the floor! Just depends on the mood he happens to be in that day! :)
We have had a little potty in our bathroom for several months and we always talk about it when we are in there. We make it a point to tell Isaiah what we are doing so he will link the two together! Well in the last week or so, Isaiah has started repeating "pee pee" and "poopy" when we say it first and he has really shown an interest in wanting to sit on the potty! Nothing has ever happened while sitting there but it sure does make for cute pictures! Here we are reading while sitting!
Apparently Isaiah thought it was time to clean out the refrigerator! He LOVES taking things out of there and then putting them back in unusual places! :)
Being a BIG boy and eating lunch with his fork!
This lunch was finger-licking good!

And here is our guard dog lying in front of Isaiah's door while he naps!
Isaiah has had a cold for the past week and we've had to constantly wipe his nose. We have been working on "blow your nose" and sometimes he will actually blow his nose but sometimes he will make a noise with his mouth! I guess he's heard someone blow their nose and it's rather loud (daddy!) Regardless, it's awfully cute!

And finally, Isaiah has grown to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books and reading! So many times he'll be playing in his room and I'll go in to check on him and he's just staring at books! He has several books that have animals in them so we work on animal noises a lot and he's got quite a few that he has down pat (dog, cow, bird, lion, bear, cat, and monkey is his favorite!) It is so cute to hear him make the monkey noise whenever he sees a monkey! And one of his favorite books right now just so happens to be Curious George so we get to hear it a lot! :) Whenever he wants us to read to him, he will bring a book to us and then turn around, back up, and sit down in our laps! It is so precious!
And I just have to tell one more story because it is so cute! :) When we moved to Florida, Ashley and John made us a wonderful scrapbook and gave Isaiah a little photo album full of pictures of Lilly. Well, Isaiah keeps that little album in with his toys and books and whenever he comes across it, he always kisses the pictures of Lilly! He sure misses his Lilly!

7 comments:

Lindsey @ Enjoying Healthy Foods said...

First off, I have told everyone with girls about the BOWS.
Second, your belly is so cute! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks.
Finally - Isaiah is SO,SO smart! I love all the pictures!

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

Lilly misses her Isaiah sooooo much!! Wish we could see you guys more!! Happy Valentines day!!!

The Mobleys said...

You look AMAZING! Love the belly:) I am so excited for you to see your two kiddos together. It's so precious, that I am learning very quickly. Enjoy your time left with Isaiah:)And thanks for all your encouraging words during my pregnancy...it helped more than you know:)

The Mobleys said...

You look AMAZING! Love the belly:) I am so excited for you to see your two kiddos together. It's so precious, that I am learning very quickly. Enjoy your time left with Isaiah:)And thanks for all your encouraging words during my pregnancy...it helped more than you know:)

The Kellams said...

Hey Jen,
Thank you for your comment you left us on our blog. I have been following yours as well and oh my goodness is Isaiah ever CUTE!! Your belly is quite adorable, too. God's peace and blessings be with you always.

Anonymous said...

I love the update, your dog pics made me cry with Isaiah, and my 50+year old tummy looks like yours now,lol....miss your wonderful lil family,lorraine (mom of john :)

Erin said...

those bows are so cute! i am ALL about bows, so I will keep her in mind. you look sooooooo super. isaiah is such a little doll - love that he's trying to go on the potty.