Thursday, May 24, 2007

Moving Right Along!!!

Week 29
Baby's Length:
10.5 to 16.75 in.
Baby's Weight: 2.75 lbs.
Baby's Size: Iron



This week, your baby’s head is finally in proportion with the rest of his body. He weighs about 2 3/4 pounds and is about 16 inches long. Fat continues to accumulate under the skin, to get him ready for that newborn baby look. His brain is able to control primitive breathing and body temperatures, and continues to grow billions of neurons, ready to make new connections with everything he sees, feels, touches, or hears.


His eyes can move in their sockets and he is becoming increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell. He is already developing his preferences and dislikes for particular tastes and odors. He may be a picky eater before he even comes out of the womb!


He is still actively moving and is head up. In the next few weeks, most babies make the transition to the head down birthing position. Before then, you will feel like he’s doing back flips in there. This is the time when the movement starts to get entertaining, and can feel very strange as well.



And entertaining it is!!! I get such a kick out of his movements and what makes him move. He is still very active after I've eaten and he loves his daddy's voice! I've heard people say that I will get tired of his movements. NO WAY!!! I LOVE it when he's active...even if it IS two o'clock in the morning! :)



I'm noticing more and more what a change I'm experiencing in body temperature. In the past, I've always been the one curled up on the couch wrapped up in a blanket but now I'm the one who is cranking the air down and throwing off the covers! I think I'm going to have to be very careful this summer not to get too hot! I've had several "hot flash" spells and they tend to make me nauseous so I want to avoid those as much as possible! I just can't express how wonderful it is to not feel nauseated ALL the time! I'm so glad that phase is over! Thank you, Jesus!

0 comments: