Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nine Months Old...


Isaiah got himself in this predicament but just as quickly found his way out!

Hey momma, can I help?!

My two precious boys...of course Isaiah is studying something!

Happy water boy!

Hey, I want that camera!

Isaiah zoning and enjoying his teething biscuit!


It is so hard to believe that we have a baby boy who is nine months old. It really seems just like yesterday we were rushing around our tiny, little apartment trying to get everything in order to get to the hospital. I still remember every little detail about that day! One of the things that sticks out in my mind is the excitement I felt in knowing that in just a few short hours, I was going to have a baby. I didn't know the small little details about how long my labor would be or how the delivery would go or how much pain I would feel, but it didn't matter. What mattered most to me was that we had been given the blessing of bringing a precious life into this world. WOW! What a responsibility the Lord gave us and our prayer is that we would continue to take that responsibility very seriously with our Isaiah. I understand that He has given Isaiah to us to raise. I understand that Isaiah is God's child and we are just the chosen ones to bring him up in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. Lately I have been very weepy because my little baby is growing up so quickly. Now I am sure that some of you are chuckling as you read this because he is ONLY nine months old but the time has just flown by. And I know it will only continue to go just as fast. During these weepy times, I tend to hold Isaiah just a little longer and a little tighter. I often times will rock him just a few more minutes because I know he will never be this little again and I will never have that opportunity at that stage in his life again. There are nights after I've put my little angel to bed when I just go in his room and watch him sleep because I want to soak up every detail of him. I have also been a bit reflective recently and it is crazy to me to think that the amount of time he has been with us is now longer than the amount of time I carried him. I wish there were words to describe the unbelievably deep love I feel for him. It's like nothing you can ever tell or explain to someone, you just have to experience it. This little boy has changed me. He has caused my heart to swell like never before. I'm just crazy about him! And I'm secretly thrilled that he is a momma's boy! :)

To celebrate Isaiah's nine months of life, Eric and I wanted to compile a list a things we love about him. Now, only nine things would be a disgrace so we decided to make a list of 40 things we love about our little boy for the 40 weeks he's been on this Earth with us! We hope you enjoy...
Things we love about Isaiah James Heuer -
1- The way he constantly has his tongue sticking out
2- When he gets excited he gets tense and shakes his arms and legs
3- When he wakes up he talks in his bed until we come to get him
4- If we wake him from his nap, he has sleepy eyes
5- His precious little nose
6- His sweet, plump lips
7- His mullet
8- The way he lights up when he sees Derby
9- His expanding vocabulary
10- When he says ma-ma
11- When he says da-da
12- His army crawl
13- His fascination with shiny things
14- The way he studies things
15- His love for food!
16- The way he puts his leg up on his mommy's shoulder while he's eating
17- His laugh
18- He loves to be outside
19- He loves being in water
20- He loves being naked
21- He is ticklish
22- The first place he crawls when he's on the floor is straight to the DVD rack
23- The way he reaches for everything
24- He is fascinated with cameras...so much so that we have a hard time getting him to smile
25- He is a processor
26- He loves to be in his Exersaucer
27- He loves to jump
28- He loves to walk
29- The drool constantly dripping from his chin
30- How he pets his doggy
31- His smile
32- His smooth, soft skin
33- How he loves being sung to, especially by his daddy
34- He loves to dance
35- He loves being on mommy and daddy's bed
36- The way he concentrates on filling his britches (he even stops eating to focus!)
37- How happy he is in the mornings (after filling his belly!)
38- His precious two bottom teeth
39- His sneezes
40- The indescribable amount of love and joy he has brought to our lives

I am sure we could list at least 40 more things but these were the first that popped into our heads. We also want to take the time to thank all of our family and friends for the love and support you've given to Isaiah. His life has been changed by all of you. An especially big thanks to our parents for being the best grandparents a little boy could ask for!

We love you all tremendously!

3 comments:

Taflinger said...

Team Heuer!!! Precious Isaiah...9 months-he is looking cuter by the minute!! We love you three

Newells said...

It does go by fast. And although it's sad the new phases are even better (i know it's hard to believe)...I'm sure I'll eat my words once they are teenagers! Enjoy every moment because they certainly fly by! Lots of Love!

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet mom. Isaiah is so blessed to have such wonderful parents, and you and Eric are so blessed to have such a wonderful baby boy.