Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Playing Catch-Up!

The end of our 2008 and the beginning of our 2009 have been very eventful and we haven't had much time to slow down!

Before I really get into everything, let me just say that I was not so great at taking pictures while we were in Indiana. I apologize for my lack of documentation!

First of all, Isaiah was a wonderful traveler on the 17th! There were some "red flags" I should have noticed but I was so excited about him sleeping during the entire flight, I failed to notice that he was getting really sick. We took him to the doctor the next day and sure enough, he had his very first ear infection! It really took a toll on his little body and took quite some time for him to fully recover. In fact, I'm not sure he really started acting completely like himself until we got back to Florida. Even though our time was amazing and we loved every moment up there, it was a little bit hard on his little body. But, we wouldn't trade our time up there for anything!!!!!

Because Isaiah was sick and because it was SO cold up there, we didn't venture out much for about a week. It was nice, though, to just relax at Mimi and Pop's house! Eric arrived in Indiana on Tuesday, the 23rd - actually, Wednesday morning at ONE A.M.!!! (Which happens to be the longest travel story I have ever known but I won't bore you all with the details!) Most importantly, he arrived safe and sound after a horrendous day of trying to get to us!

On Christmas Eve, we went to see Santa but he had already left to "fill the sleigh". So, we took some of our own pictures in his chair!





Looking at a book with Mimi and Pop!


Christmas morning was so wonderful! We woke up at my mom and dad's house, opened presents, had a great brunch together and simply enjoyed one another!

Opening presents from Auntie Jess and Uncle David!



Christmas morning with Daddy!


In the late afternoon, we went to be with my mom's side of the family in Illinois! We love the time we get to spend with each and every one of them!

This is my "Nana" with all of her GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN! There are currently 15 and two more on the way!


On the night of the 26th, we celebrated with my Nana Pat and Ed and it was a night I was really bad and forgot to even take my camera. We had a wonderful time with them and had a great Christmas celebration!
Isaiah with Mimi and Pop!


On the 27th, we headed up to Indy to celebrate with Eric's dad and his family. We gathered together at the Lantzer's house and enjoyed everyone there! I was also bad there and didn't take many pictures.
Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa Lakey-Lake!


After leaving Indy, we went to spend some time at the Lake with Jim and Kathy. We just love being at the lake and it even snowed while we were there! It was so beautiful to see the snow fall on the lake!

We spent an afternoon in Kokomo with our dear friends, the Taflingers and Casey. I attempted to take pictures of Isaiah and Caleb together but it happened to be a day when Isaiah was completely out of sorts so the photo shoot did not go well! Thank you for hosting us that day! We love you all! P.S. Can't wait for baby Micah to make his big debut!!!

After leaving Jim and Kathy's house, we went to spend a couple days with some more dear friends, the Sommers! Not only did we get to ring in the New Year with them, but we also got to celebrate Lilly's first birthday! She is such a beauty and so much fun to be around! She and Isaiah were so cute together! They just kept patting each other's backs! :) Thank you, Sommers, for your friendship and for all you mean to us!

Isaiah taking a bath with Lilly!


We then headed to Muncie for our last night in Indiana. On our way, we stopped by the hospital to spend some time with several members of Eric's extended family. Eric's grandma was having surgery so many of them were gathered together for that. Even though it was during an uncertain time, we really enjoyed being with everyone! Eric's grandma came out of surgery well and is continuing to recover! We pray the Lord would bless her with an extremely speedy recovery and good health!

Our goodbye this time was very hard because of the extended amount of time we got to spend with everyone! My prayer for this year is that the Lord would (quickly!) and richly bless Eric and Ian in this venture so we can be closer to family sooner, rather than later! :) We are so very blessed with EVERY family member God has given us! Being so far away, makes us truly cherish the time we get to spend with each of them!
This is a shot I just took today. Isaiah has become very silly recently and loves to laugh!


Just in the past week or so, Isaiah has really come out of his shell! We are seeing this precious personality just BLOOM! He makes Eric and I laugh all the time and we are having the BEST time just loving him and watching him grow! We never knew we were capable of loving someone SO much! And it's crazy to think that before we know it, we'll have another precious boy to love like crazy! We are so excited these boys will have one another! We pray they are the best of friends!

I would say this has been long enough for now but I am hoping to have a new belly pic tomorrow with an update from my appointment. I am switching doctors and go to the new office tomorrow for the first time! I pray I feel peace and comfort at this new place with new doctors!

Thank you to each of you who prayed for our safe travels up north and back. It was an amazing Christmas/holiday season with our family and friends! We simply could not feel more blessed to have the friends and family that God has given us! We love you all so greatly!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah is soo adorable. Isn't amazing at how much you miss having family around?! I am only three hours away and we miss them so much! Get some rest! Your body needs it. I slept soo much when I was pregnant. You look awesome, Jen.